CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Enter to the Komiks World




Whenever I feel like reading a novel it always take me 4-5 months to finish one book. Yes it's true...hahaha and I'm not kidding because when I read I have to understand this and that part of the story and then understanding why that happened. Well when it comes to reading just texts it tends you to think and imagine the art of literature. That's why it takes time for me to understand things like novels and poems. That's why  don't think slow readers like me can't take advantage in literature.

Then I would remember the times when I was younger my Mom would read stories to us siblings every bedtime. Though we intend to look more on the Pictures of the book but we still listen to a wonderful story. Book with Pictures I can easily understand them back then though as I get older the lesser the Pictures the harder I understand it. But that's how it makes us challenge anyways.

Then again when it comes in comics, those are the books that just suit my level in reading that takes me in reading it just for one day up to 3 volumes that is. At the same time in reading dialogs, I enjoyed much of the Art it shows. Especially, in Manga those are the comics I like mostly since it's Anime-related. Which also shows the character development within the story also shows the awesome art.

Here in the Philippines Komiks has been also a mainstream. There was a time I spotted a Filipino made komiks that looks like Anime art somehow I was thinking maybe Filipinos are inspired with how Japanese work on their comics which would Filipino youths would love reading.

So I've researched an article about this: Love is in the Bag Vol. 1 by Micheal Buntag

Based on my understanding, Love is in the Bag is currently an achieving local's komiks series. It appeared in 2008 from bookstores that explains:

it's also another example of "Pinoy Manga" - a by product arising from Filipino fans love for Japanese comics and animation inspiring some younger artists to mimic its visual vocabulary and plot conventions. 

Which means we Filipinos with so many Anime-cultured people  they would rather read Manga than the local's old comics like Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah, Darna, and Captain Barbel so on which was inspired from the Westerns works.  That inspired by the art and stories that Filipinos in imitating the same for Japanese comics. That Anime lovers inthe Philippines that would suit their interest in loving the Filipino comics.

So that's why like me I'm also admire in imitating the Manga with their great character development and style of art used. I've been reading Japanese comics for awhile and I realized I also want to make comics like these. It so happens I've been working on my own anime stories with my own made characters. Therefore in the future I wish I could be a Comic artist doing the Japanese comics way of doing it. It'll be like making Manga but by local standards.





1 comment: