CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Anime how is it different from Cartoons








Is there really any difference between Anime and Cartoons? This question just pop in to my mind whenever I watch Anime and Cartoons on Television. I mean these two are both 2-D animated and both also can entertain in comedy, romance, action and drama. So I can't really define on why is it different from the perspective of others. The only thing I can differentiate is Anime came from Japan while Cartoon origin from America. To me these two are both still on a rise of popularity in media.


Then I started browsing in the internet looking for answers to know if there really is any other difference. I found this article written by MICHAEL KATEREGGA about Anime Thrills: What separates anime from cartoons here he stated that:
"The character is the center of any great anime, at least as far as I am concerned."

"This is one of several elements that separate anime from the plethora of western cartoons out there. The world of western animations is filled with ageless, immortal characters rising to challenge day after day of endless obstacles with never changing faces."

Based on my understanding of the article, Anime stands out than Cartoons why so? its because of the same endless stories that Cartoonists has on their sleeves. Talking about the fact that Spider-Man and Batman have been popular long time ago until now more Cartoons is still about them. When it comes to Anime we watch the protagonists going through some difficulties with different encounters of his/her life. We watch them age, change and reach their goals towards to the ending of a good story.

I  do consider the fact I've been watching action heroes ever since I was a kid. Somehow my impressions of it that they are legends of great works of fiction however they're still a non-stop with their same old stories. Though American Cartoonists out there can still make parents with their kids laugh with there funny cartoons like Tom and Jerry that had been ageless ever since.

Ageless characters? In anime there is one character is who I find ageless and that's Ash Ketchum. I guess all Pokemon lovers before could recognize it until now it's popularity also goes on. 

I think he is right about the part in Anime the character like goes on with different difficulties to face while Cartoons you can easily predict the next episode here goes again the bad guy on and on about the same scene. Now I wonder why I easily get sleepy from watching Cartoon marathons.
As a result, I've just realized on why I got so in touch in Anime. No matter what I can relate in every episode also its very unpredictable on what may happens next. It's really what interest me as an Anime Lover on what the protagonist is going through in that story whether is it fantasy or realism.
 Though I need further information to make it sure if there are really any difference. Somehow my understanding was persuaded but how bout the others who feel the same on my first point of view so here are some questions that needs to be answered:


Article:
"Anime Thrills: what separates Anime from Cartoons"

Follow up Questions:
  1. What other characteristics of Anime has that Cartoons don't have?
  2. Is Anime JUST for TEENS? and Cartoons JUST for KIDS?
  3. Why do some Families watch Cartoons with their children rather than Anime? regardless if the parents are anime lovers because my parents aren't.
  4. Do some Anime Lovers proved that they ONLY like watching JUST Anime? and not Cartoons.
 With these kind of questions I need surveys to Anime Lovers that I can only get contact with like friends, classmates and cousins in the family. Also I need related articles on concluding with my perspective of this topic. 

2 comments: